- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long-awaited South Park: The Fractured But Whole video game has received what fans are hoping will be the final release date.
It was announced Wednesday that the follow-up to the popular 2014 Stick of Truth will be released Oct. 17. A new trailer also dropped.
This is welcome news, as frustrations were starting to grow with the release date being pushed back further and further. The game was originally supposed to be released last year, then in the first quarter of this year.
Game developer Ubisoft previously declined to elaborate why the role-playing game was delayed.
However, Heat Vision saw firsthand during a visit to the South Park Studio last year that the script for the game was massive and creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone wanted everything to be perfect for player experience.
South Park season 21 will premiere Aug. 23 on Comedy Central.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day