- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jake Gyllenhall and Eminem made an impromptu visit to an advance screening of Southpaw in Detroit on Sunday night. According to the Detroit Free Press, a representative of the Weinstein Co., distributor of the film, said Gyllenhall and Eminem made the quick visit because they wanted to surprise their Detroit fans.
Gyllenhall stars in the as Billy “The Great” Hope, a prizefighter whose life unravels after the death of his wife and leads to a custody battle for his daughter. Eminem executive produced the soundtrack and is releasing it on his Shady Records label.
Tommy Hearns and other Detroit-area boxers also attended the screening. It was a quick visit for Gyllenhall and Eminem, who left immediately after speaking to the crowd. Gyllenhall’s next stop is Monday’s New York premiere.
Check out the video below for the full appearance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown