- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny are going to get another chance to beat the Monstars.
Space Jam is returning to the big screen for a limited run next month in honor of the film’s 20th anniversary. The film will screen Sunday, Nov. 13 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. (local time) as well as Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. (local time) via Fathom Events.
Space Jam earned $230.4 million worldwide at the box office (and inspired perhaps the most famous movie websites of all time), with the film teaming up Jordan with classic Looney Tunes characters against the villainous Monstars. It first heat theaters on Nov. 15, 1996. Other NBA talent from the era also appeared, including Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing.
It’s a good time to be a Space Jam fan, with a sequel starring LeBron James in the works from director Justin Lin. Though Joe Pytka, the director of the original film, isn’t sure it’s a good idea.
“Don’t do it. It’s doomed. Michael Jordan was the biggest star on the planet,” he said in May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day