- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Iciar Bollain’s drama Even The Rain starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Luis Tosar, has won the Audience Award for a film screening in the Berlin Film Festival’s Panorama sidebar.
Bernal plays a young filmmaker who travels to Boliva to shoot a movie about the myth of Christopher Columbus only to get caught up in the country’s social unrest.
The runner-up Panorama prize went to Argentine film Medianeras from director Gustavo Taretto while Kevin Macdonald’s documentary Life In A Day earned third place in the audience award voting.
In Heaven Underground – The Weissensee Jewish Cemetery took the best documentary honor in the section.
More than 23,000 Berlin moviegoers voted to pick this year’s winners.
The 61st Berlin International Film Festival wraps up Sunday Feb. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Many Saints of Newark