- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The booking on Lionsgate’s subscription VOD platform follows the new horror franchise chapter, starring Chris Rock and Samuel L. Jackson, opening in movie theaters on May 14. The Saw franchise pic headed to Starz is part of Lionsgate’s new theatrical output agreement with Starz for its Lionsgate and Summit label films.
Spiral, the ninth film in the Saw franchise, topped the box office two weeks in a row and is produced by Mark Burg and Oren Koules. The Lionsgate and Starz marketing and publicity teams are jointly working on the horror pic’s multiphase rollout.
“Starz is excited to expand upon our recently announced theatrical output agreement with Lionsgate, bringing more premium content to our subscribers ahead of schedule with Spiral and the blockbuster Saw franchise,” Starz president of domestic networks Alison Hoffman said in a statement.
Spiral centers on Rock, who plays Detective Ezekiel “Zeke” Banks, working in the shadow of his father, an esteemed police veteran played by Samuel L. Jackson. Along with his rookie partner (Max Minghella), Banks takes charge of an investigation into murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city’s gruesome past.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day