- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna Kendrick wants to join the Marvel universe.
The Trolls and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates actress mentioned that she’s open to the idea of playing a particular superhero on the big screen.
“My brother sent me a Squirrel Girl comic because he thinks I should [play her],” the actress told Net-a-Porter. “I don’t know what Squirrel Girl does other than be half squirrel, but I could be half squirrel!”
Well, Kendrick, here’s the deal: Squirrel Girl, also known as Doreen Green, is the nature-loving L.A. native who defeats Doctor Doom (Iron Man’s nemesis) and relocates to New York City to keep Central Park safe. The petite high schooler is equipped with super strength, speed and reflexes — plus a bushy tail, a love of nuts and the ability to communicate with squirrels.
Upon reading Kendrick’s comments, the internet reacted accordingly. One artist even created key art for a potential film:
— BossLogic (@Bosslogic) July 2, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day