- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LOS ANGELES (AP) — An auction of Sylvester Stallone’s black leather Rocky jacket and other movie memorabilia has earned more than $3 million.
Heritage Auctions President Greg Rohan says Stallone’s leather jacket was the top item sold at the three-day auction, with a winning bid of $149,000. A poncho worn by Stallone in the first Rambo film fetched $60,000 in a sale that featured boxing trunks and gloves, and other items from the actor-director’s storied career.
Portions of the proceeds will benefit military charities.
Stallone attended the auction’s first day and mingled with fans.
The 69-year-old Oscar nominee announced the sale in July but said it didn’t mean he was saying goodbye to the characters who made him famous. Stallone reprised his role as Rocky Balboa in the recent film Creed.
— Heritage Auctions (@HeritageAuction) December 14, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day