- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stan Lee created Spider-Man, and now he’ll get to fight alongside him.
The creative mind behind some of Marvel Comics’ most iconic characters, Lee told the blog Addict of Fiction that he will, for the first time, appear digitally as a playble option in a video game, as developer Beenox has included him in its upcoming Amazing Spider-Man tie-in title.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter last November, Lee described what he thinks is required for a positive gaming experience.
“A good video game needs great characters that the player can relate to and great powers that the characters have,” he said, “which are visually exciting and fun to use when you’re holding that controller, hitting those keys, and making the character do what he has to do. They also love great backgrounds. The players also love themes they haven’t played before”
Lee appeared as a narrator in the tie-in game for the first movie of last decade’s Spider-Man film franchise. He also regularly makes cameos in the films based on his creations, which he will do again in Marc Webb‘s reboot The Amazing Spider-Man, which stars Andrew Garfield as the wall crawler and Emma Stone as his girlfriend Gwen Stacy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day