- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Stan Lee and Stan Lee’s Kids Universe is teaming up with dog whisperer and canine behaviorist Cesar Millan to develop a series of properties geared for children and families.
The first project out of the gate is Dinosaurs vs. Puppies, a picture book that is a follow-up to SLKU’s popular book Monsters vs. Kittens.
The book was written and illustrated by Dani Jones, who also was behind Monsters vs. Kittens. Dinosaurs vs. Puppies goes on sale Friday, timed with the opening day of Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con, which is being held at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
“I am honored to be working with Stan Lee on projects that not only express my love for animals, but inspire children to love and appreciate them too,” Millan said Wednesday in a statement.
Future projects would involve utilizing Millan as a character in potential cartoons and apps involving kids and dogs.
SLKU is in the midst of an expansion of its offerings as it seeks to become a name in family content and a destination website for families. The venture is a partnership between 1821 Media and Lee’s POW! Entertainment that promotes imagination and literacy-based projects for children. Initially centered on books and mobile games, SLKU also is aiming to move into film and TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day