- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This year’s Free Comic Book Day is scheduled for Saturday, May 3, the day after the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in movie theaters across the U.S. — and who better to promote the cause than the co-creator of Spider-Man himself, Stan Lee?
The 91-year-old former editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics makes a rare non-Marvel movie appearance in a new video promoting this year’s Free Comic Book Day, which sees the release of 60 specially created sampler comics from publishers including Archie, Marvel Entertainment, DC Entertainment and Image Comics.
STORY: Marvel to Push ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ for Free Comic Book Day 2014
Lee is far from the first celebrity to promote the annual event held in comic specialty retailers throughout North America. Previous ads have featured The Punisher star Thomas Jane and Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman.
More information about Free Comic Book Day can be found here. Watch Lee’s pitch for the event below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day