- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of the opening of this year’s Comikaze Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Hualien Media and Mission Control Entertainment have announced that Stan Lee will team with creators from HBO’s Rome and the CW’s The Flash to create an action-thriller movie titled Arch Alien.
Lee will co-create the story for the movie with Bill Macdonald and Ralph Hemecker, with the latter two co-writing the screenplay and Hemecker, who has helmed episodes of The Flash and ABC’s Once Upon A Time, in line to direct the feature.
“I couldn’t be more excited to be partnering with this incredible team, helping to further our vision at Hualien of creating stories and characters within a fully realized world,” Hualien’s George Hsieh said in a statement announcing the partnership. Hsieh will be one of four executive producers on the project, alongside Brandon Millan, Gill Champion and Sam Frankel. Hualien Media will fully finance the feature.
The movie, described as a thriller “laced with conspiracy, mysticism and alien mythology,” will be the first in a planned franchise and will begin shooting next March, with an accompanying comic book to be released in English and Chinese at some point in early 2016. More details about the project will be released during Comikaze Expo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day