- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stan Lee is going to be surrounded by friends and fans for a celebration of his career that’s taking on extra poignancy.
He will be at the center of a tribute called Extraordinary: Stan Lee on Aug. 22 in Los Angeles. The event was announced before the July 6 death of Joan Lee, the comic book legend’s wife of nearly 70 years, and organizers on Wednesday shared new details of the event and confirmed that Lee is still very much looking forward to attending.
The event, to be held at the Saban Theatre, will be hosted by Chris Hardwick and is described as being similar to This Is Your Life, with friends from the comic book, film and TV worlds joining to walk down memory lane with Lee.
Attendees revealed so far include Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Michael Rooker, Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, Archer‘s Aisha Tyler and Dancing With the Stars host Tom Bergeron. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster.
The tribute will also be streamed live to movie theaters around the country. Lee has also partnered with Omaze, with those who donate to his campaign for Make-a-Wish entered to win a trip to the tribute. The event is being produced by In-Theater Live and Agents of Mayhem in partnership with Stan Lee Collectibles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day