- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comics creator Stan Lee and his POW! Entertainment is moving into the digital content production world, inking deals with YouTube and media company EQAL.
POW! is creating a YouTube channel called Stan Lee’s World of Heroes, which will be a joint venture with Michael Eisner’s digital studio Vuguru. The company announced it will launch the channel with “exclusive programming next year based on the company’s stories around amazing characters and extraordinary individuals.”
With EQAL, POW! plans to launch TheRealStanLee.com, a site to act as “all things Stan Lee.” EQAL is known for “building influencer networks around celebrities and brands,” creating websites and social media accounts for modern celebs such as Bethenny Frankel, JWOWW and Randy Jackson.
And if there’s one thing Lee has become in the last decade, which saw the rise of comic book movies and Marvel Studios, is a brand and a celebrity. Lee, who co-created superheroes such as Spider-Man, X-Men and Iron Man, will receive the Producers Guild 2012 Vanguard Award and is also being honored with the Visual Effects Society’s 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award. Earlier this year, Lee received a star on the Walk of Fame.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tribeca Film Festival