- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack the Giant Killer may still be searching for its lead actor, but New Line and Legendary’s Bryan Singer action fantasy is stomping ahead, casting key roles including the villain.
The script — the most recent one is by Christopher McQuarrie — is set in motion when a princess is kidnapped, threatening the long-standing peace between humans and giants. A young farmer is then forced to lead a rescue
mission to the giants’ kingdom.
Stanley Tucci is playing the villain, an advisor to the king with designs on usurping power.
Bill Nighy and John Kassir will play Fallon, the two-headed leader of the giants; Nighy gets to play the big head while Kassir the small.
On the lead side, Singer has been testing actors since December and sources say Nicholas Hoult is one of the front-runners of the part.
Tucci, repped by CAA, will be seen in Margin Call, which plays at the Berlin Film Festival, and plays Dr. Erskine in Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger.
Nighy, repepd by WME, will next be seen in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day