- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The world premiere of Star Trek Beyond, the latest installment of the Star Trek saga, will debut in IMAX at this year’s Comic-Con convention, it was announced by director Justin Lin during a fan event held Friday.
The red carpet event and exclusive premiere will take place July 20 at the Embarcadero Marina Park South in San Diego and will feature appearances by the cast of Beyond, as well as a live performance of Michael Giacchino’s film score by the San Diego Symphony Orchestra. Idris Elba, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zach Quinto, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Anton Yelchin and Karl Urban star in the latest Star Trek film.
“I am thrilled to celebrate the premiere of the film together with the fans at Comic-Con and excited for everyone there to experience Michael Giacchino’s incredible score played live,” Lin said in a statement.
J.J. Abrams produced Star Trek Beyond after directing the first two films in the revitalized franchise, Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013). Star Trek Beyond is set to premiere July 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day