- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The one-sheet depicts the destruction and “an unstoppable force of terror” that awaits Captain Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and the rest of the USS Enterprise crew, leaving the world in peril.
Abrams’ sequel finds Kirk leading “a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction,” according to the official plot synopsis released in November, likely in reference to Benedict Cumberbatch‘s villain.
Not much is known about Cumberbatch’s character, though some information might be revealed when the first nine minutes of Star Trek Into Darkness plays before Imax screenings of The Hobbit.
Star Trek Into Darkness opens May 17 and reunites Abrams, Pine and Quinto with the likes of Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana. Frequent Abrams collaborators Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof penned the screenplay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day