- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Trek Into Darkness is beaming down to the Super Bowl.
The big-game spot for J.J. Abrams‘ Trek sequel features a tense exchange between Kirk (Chris Pine) and the villain John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch), who speaks from a cell of some sort, a la Hannibal Lecter.
“I’m better,” a menacing Harrison says.
“At what?” asks a defiant Kirk.
We get an extended look at a previously revealed shot of Spock (Zachary Quinto) inside the heart of a volcano, as well as the U.S.S. Enterprise falling from orbit toward a planet.
“Our world will fall,” reads the trailer’s tagline.
The Paramount film also stars Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg and Alice Eve. It’s slated for a May 17 theatrical release and will open two days earlier on IMAX screens. For Trekkies wanting some extras to tide them over until then, the film has released an app, available for download on iPhone and Android phones. Tickets for the early May 15 IMAX screenings can be purchased through the app, which also offers an extended look at the Super Bowl spot.
Watch the spot below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show