- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Things look extremely grim for Captain Kirk and his crew in the third trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness.
Kirk (Chris Pine) is outgunned and outsmarted by villain John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch), who is shown cruising around the galaxy in a ship that’s more imposing than the Enterprise.
There’s lots of ominous talk, from “The ship’s dead, sir” (Simon Pegg’s Scotty) to “No ship should go down without her captain” (Cumberbatch). But perhaps most chilling is Kirk simply saying “I’m sorry” to his crew after the enemy ship shows up. It’s an uncharacteristically humble moment for the brash captain, suggesting he knows he’s in big trouble.
Paramount’s Star Trek Into Darkness, directed by J.J. Abrams, hits theaters May 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival