- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
No. 1 knows how to take a seat.
A rather mesmerizing supercut of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Commander Riker (Jonathan Frakes) reveals that the officer favored sitting down by swinging his leg over the back of his chair.
It always was apparent Riker was an alpha male, but this facet of his masculinity had gone uncelebrated until now. On Twitter, a number of TNG fans expressed disbelief they’d never realized this before.
PHOTOS: 30 Groundbreaking Sci-Fi Films
“Why have I never noticed that Commander Riker sits down like this before!?!?!” tweeted one, while another wrote, “I’ve seen every TNG ep, but must admit I never comprehended the true extent of @jonathansfrakes‘ chair domination.”
Colin Hanks tweeted “Hell yes, @jonathansfrakes. Now THIS is how you sit down in futuristic chair! http://youtu.be/lVIGhYMwRgs
So far, no tweets or subspace communiques from Frakes in response to the video. We’ll update if he takes notice.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”
Pamela Anderson Had One Big Rule for ‘Pamela: A Love Story’ Director: “Don’t Show Me Anything”
Johnny Depp’s ‘Jeanne du Barry’ Enjoys Decade-Best Start for a Cannes Opener at French Box Office