- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are a lot of places in the Star Wars universe that aren’t kid-friendly. (Those Tatooine cantinas can get hairy after happy hour.)
LucasArts is planning on exploring that seedy underbelly in its newly announced, “mature-themed” video game franchise, Star Wars 1313.
According to the company, players will control a lethal bounty hunter through a “ruthless criminal underground” hidden far below the planet Coruscant. Apparently the Force won’t be in one’s arsenal in this game, which is said to focus on gadgets and criminal intrigue, rather than the supernatural.
LucasArts is set to introduce Star Wars 1313 at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo, which runs June 5-7 in Los Angeles.
The company said artists from across the Star Wars family have contributed to the game, including those from LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound.
“Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we’ve always known existed, but never had a chance to visit, ” LucasArts President Paul Meegan said in a statement. “We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day