- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Can’t wait until November to sign up for the chance to fight in the cold, frozen plains of Hoth?
Electronic Arts is launching Star Wars: Battlefront in beta next month.
Featuring two missions from the game — “Walker Assault on Hoth,” a 40-player battle that includes both Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader as playable characters, and “Survival Mission on Tatooine,” which can be played either solo or with a friend — the beta is a “technical test,” according to EA, available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin for PC.
It won’t only be those two missions available during the beta; a brand-new mode called “Drop Zone” will also be debuted at that time, the details of which are being kept under wraps for now. Additionally, the Star Wars: Battlefront Companion will debut during that beta period, offering a strategic card game called “Base Command” that earns players in-game credits that can be used in Battlefront proper. During beta, the Companion will be available at StarWarsBattlefront.com, with a separate app launching on Nov. 17.
While the official date for beta launch has yet to be announced, the full release of Star Wars: Battlefront is on Nov. 17. Watch gameplay from “Walker Assault on Hoth” below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day