- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What happened after the second Death Star was destroyed? The Empire struck back — or, at least, tried to. The new trailer for EA’s Star Wars: Battlefront II teases the aftermath of Return of the Jedi from the side of the bad guys.
The trailer follows Cmdr. Iden Versio — leader of the Imperial task force Inferno Squad at the center of the new game’s mythology — as she witnesses the destruction of the second Death Star from the moon of Endor and tries to rally her forces for the ultimate counterattack. “The Empire’s time has come,” Versio says grimly in the trailer, seemingly unaware that they’d been running things for some time by that point.
The new trailer is impressively cinematic, and by focusing on a period as yet unexplored onscreen, it cries out to be expanded into something that fully explores the narrative possibilities on offer here. Perhaps if Battlefront II does well as a video game, it could become a movie in and of itself. After all, who can watch this and not want to see more?
Star Wars: Battlefront II will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Nov. 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day