- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, many mistakes were made. A blooper reel for the original Star Wars has made it online, demonstrating that the Force wasn’t always with Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Peter Cushing — and that, sometimes, it’s more difficult than you’d think for Stormtroopers to get through doorways.
The two-and-a-half minute clip gives fans a glimpse into the imperfect real world behind one of the most famous science fiction movies of all time — the moments where Chewbacca’s arm was in the wrong place, Stormtroopers’ outfits fell apart as they slid across floors, and Luke Skywalker wondered about the pronunciation of “supernova.”
It’s a video that would no doubt embarrass some of those involved, but also something that reminds you just how great the original Star Wars really is — even the mirror on the bottom of the land speeder remains convincing, three decades later. Star Wars Episode VII, you’re on notice; the bar remains raised.
Watch the video below (and don’t worry, your computer’s speakers are fine; the first 48 seconds are silent) and see for yourself.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day