- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Oct. 17 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Carrie Fisher comes prepped for comfort.
See more ‘Star Wars’ Actors: Then and Now
Honored Sept. 30 at Midnight Mission’s Golden Heart Awards Gala in Beverly Hills, Fisher arrived with a tumbler of Coca-Cola and her VIP plus-one French bulldog.
“This award is about being of service, and Gary is a service dog,” said Fisher, fresh from the London Star Wars: Episode VII set. “I’m so eccentric. I hope that’s what people think, not that I’m some asinine person in search of a reality show.”
Seated next to Mark Hamill, Fisher said she is having the time of her life on the J.J. Abrams pic, except for acting.
“I’m bad at learning my lines — it’s humiliating. There’s no way unless you put cards and stuff or write the lines on my hand.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day