- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will the Force be strong in Chicago?
Casting director Maryellen Aviano will be in Chicago Nov. 14 in search of young actors to fill two roles. One will be for a female in the 17-18 range to play a character named Rachel. She is described as a “street smart, independent, athletic, natural beauty,” with the role open to “all ethnicities, multi & bi-racial.”
A male in the 19-23 range is also being sought to play a character described as “athletic, smart, handsome,” and “independent spirited.” The character, named Thomas, has “grown up without a father’s influence. Without the model of being a man, he doesn’t have the strongest sense of himself.” Both descriptions are very similar to those in a recent casting call in the United Kingdom.
The casting call will be held from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Park West in Lincoln Park.
Filming for the anticipated Disney and Lucasfilm tentpole is set to begin in the first quarter of 2014 at London’s Pinewood Studios. On Thursday, Episode VII set a release date of Dec. 18, 2015.
Director J.J. Abrams and longtime Lucasfilm collaborator Lawrence Kasdan are handling the script after last month’s exit of Michael Arndt.
See the similar casting call from the U.K. below.
— Claire Curry (@UKopencall) November 5, 2013
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group