- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“There’s a lot of talk, and I’d be happy to play him again, but I don’t know anything more than you do,” McGregor told reporters backstage at Sunday’s Golden Globes, where he won a best actor honor for FX’s Fargo. He’s long maintained he’d be interested in a chance to reprise the role.
In August, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Oscar-nominated director Stephen Daldry was in early talks to direct an Obi-Wan Kenobi spinoff movie. And over the weekend, a photo of McGregor working out while sporting a very Kenobi-looking beard had fans speculating that perhaps the actor was gearing up for a Star Wars return.
McGregor played the Jedi master in the Star Wars prequels from 1999-2005, and his voice was featured briefly in 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens during a scene in which Rey (Daisy Ridley) had a vision.
The latest film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, opened last month, and McGregor approves.
“I saw the new one over Christmas and I thought it was really, really beautiful,” said McGregor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day