- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Be kind, rewind.
A fan-made trailer commercial for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is just dripping with nostalgia for those who ever owned VHS tapes.
Created by YouTube user Damien Kazan, the faux commercial for the first standalone film in the Star Wars franchise is perfect with somewhat dull, pixelated clips in a 4:3 standard ratio. Plus, the hokey voiceover nails it.
The video has more that 240,000 views.
The VHS Rogue One would have had the same number of mind-blowing special features as the actual Blu-ray contained: zero. While there was some fun, short “making of” content, the disc sorely lacked the special features fans were yearning for, specifically deleted or alternate scenes.
Ben Mendelsohn, who plays Orson Krennic, was on record as saying an “enormously different” version exists because of all the script changes and re-shoots.
That disk will feature 14 deleted scenes.
Watch the faux VHS ad below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day