- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
J.J. Abrams claims he’s working on a Star Wars spinoff for Netflix centering on Jar Jar Binks, he’ll show the movie for his celebrity friends five minutes before it opens, and he wouldn’t cast Jared Leto as Chewbacca, despite the fact that the actor can “grow hair all over [his] body.”
These are just three of the joking answers Abrams provides in a new video from Vanity Fair, in which the Star Wars: The Force Awakens director takes questions from some of the franchise’s famous fans.
Perhaps the most interesting question of all comes from Star Wars creator George Lucas, who asks what happened to Darth Vader’s grandchildren. After laughing and saying, “Oh George,” Abrams responds, “This is great. You tell me, man. You made all this shit up.”
Does this mean there was once a version of Star Wars‘ seventh movie explicitly about Luke’s and Leia’s children — or is it a hint that we should expect an answer to that question in The Force Awakens this December? The answer to that second question will be revealed Dec. 18. Until then, watch the video below and marvel at Abrams’ ability to roll with the punches.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day