- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Force Awakens trailer that debuted on Monday Night Football a few weeks ago may have been the film’s final U.S. trailer, but that doesn’t mean fans won’t be able to see more footage before the movie hits theaters on Dec. 18.
A Japanese trailer for the new Star Wars installment, similar to the Monday Night Football U.S. trailer, was posted online on Friday, revealing a number of new action sequences and additional footage with Daisy Ridley’s Rey.
The trailer also features more BB-8.
But Luke Skywalker is still nowhere to be seen.
Among the new footage are scenes of Finn (John Boyega) and Rey meeting and her walking through the desert with BB-8, where she says, “I know all about waiting, for my family.”
There’s also lots of action, including Storm Troopers doing battle, what looks like Kylo Ren leading an army and more ground and aerial combat.
The Adam Driver villain even threatens Rey with his lightsaber at one point.
At the end, a voiceover plays over an emotional moment with Rey.
“Hope is not lost today. It is found,” the voice says.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day