- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This weekend, there was a disturbance — did you feel it? Ahead of today’s release of the first full trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lucasfilm released two final teases introducing the new cast, as well as the official poster for the movie — a poster that alarmed many fans due to a surprising omission.
The new teases were released via the @StarWars and @WaltDisneyStudios Twitter accounts to promote the TV debut of the new trailer, during tonight’s Monday Night Football on ESPN. Titled “Finn and Poe tease” and “New Faces,” they feature unseen footage of the new faces of the rebellion — sorry, the Resistance, to use the terminology of The Force Awakens:
— Star Wars (@starwars) October 18, 2015
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) October 18, 2015
Accompanying the tweeted teases, Lucasfilm also released a list of theaters that will be showing all seven Star Wars movies — the six previous installments, followed by the first screening of The Force Awakens — on December 17, as well as the first look at the official poster for the movie. For those looking to the poster to provide clues about what lies ahead in a galaxy far, far away, ask yourself the obvious question: Where’s Luke Skywalker?
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be released Dec. 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day