- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser has finally arrived.
“There has been an awakening — have you felt it? The dark side, and the light,” says an ominous voice, just before Hans Solo’s Falcon soars into view and the franchise’s iconic theme song plays.
For days, speculation has swirled about when and where the first look at the next Star Wars would debut. On Monday, Bad Robot’s Twitter account tweeted a note from the filmmaker confirming that that 88 seconds of footage would be debuting in theaters this Friday. Disney later revealed that the footage would be screening in just 30 theaters across the U.S. and Canada, with the teaser showing before every single showing of every single movie in the select theaters throughout the weekend.
In addition to the theatrical showings this weekend, the official Star Wars Twitter account also revealed that the teaser would arrive online on Friday. Watch it above.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day