- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s not a whole new movie, but it’s certainly good enough to help hold fans over as they wait for Last Jedi to come out in December.
On Monday, Disney posted the first in a series of animated shorts that are part of the Star Wars: Forces of Destiny campaign.
For the first time since she played the character in The Force Awakens, Daisy Ridley returns as Rey in the episode “Sands of Jakku.”
Lupita Nyong’o, who plays Maz Kanata, is also a part of the nearly three-minute short that helps fill in the details of what happened just after Rey met BB-8.
The Star Wars: Forces of Destiny campaign focuses on the beloved saga’s heroines through short stories set within the existing films.
It was previously announced that Felicity Jones would reprise her role of Jyn Erso for the animated series.
Check out a behind-the-scenes look at the concept and the first episode below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day