- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It appears Star Wars fans are finally going to see the Millennium Falcon’s famous Kessel Run.
Solo, of course, flew the famous Kessel Run in fewer than 12 parsecs, which the character bragged about in the original Star Wars (1977). The Run is a hyperspace route which smugglers used to move spice from the mines on Kessel.
It seems Howard is once more giving fans a slight taste of what is to come without really giving away much at all. Ever since the Oscar-winning helmer took over the picture this summer, he has been dropping breadcrumbs for fans via Twitter and Instagram. It has been the ultimate tease and a unique method of promotion for an installment in the space adventure film series.
Howard told Heat Vision in early August that the movie was coming along great and he was having a ball. He also said the social media teases are not random; he takes great care to show just enough to whet appetites.
Alden Ehrenreich is playing the iconic smuggler, while Donald Glover steps into the role of Lando Calrissian. Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Thandie Newton and Phoebe Waller-Bridge also star, with Joonas Suotamo playing Chewbacca.
The as-yet untitled film is set to open May 25, 2018.
— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) September 20, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day