- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney’s own biannual event, taking place Aug. 9-11 at the Anaheim Convention Center, will feature a strong Star Wars presence, with Disney planning events like Darth Vader: The Evolution of a Villain, showing the development of the bad guy, to Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101.
Insiders say, perhaps hope, that some Star Wars actors may make appearances during the D23 Expo, this confirming their participation in the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel trilogy — which is expected to hit theaters in 2015. (Filming is expected to begin in early 2014 in the U.K.) A Disney spokesperson dispelled the rumors as wishful thinking at this point.
Comic-Con, for what it’s worth, takes place several weeks earlier in San Diego from July 17-21.
Disney’s Frozen (Nov. 27), Planes (Aug. 9) and Marvel’s The Avengers will also have a presence in Anaheim.
Borys Kit contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day