- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Wars: The Last Jedi has a little treat ahead of Monday night’s new trailer.
Director Rian Johnson stopped by Twitter’s #WhatsHappening show to unveil a new poster for the film, which has the late Carrie Fisher’s Leia at the forefront.
“The tricky thing with a poster like this is when you have to fit this many folks on it. How do you do that in a way that is elegant?” said Johnson, who added that he particularly liked that the late actress was front and center, wearing his favorite Leia costume from the film. “I wanted her to just look fabulous in this movie.”
The filmmaker said the new Last Jedi trailer will air during halftime on ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Disney and Lucasfilm are releasing Star Wars: The Last Jedi on Dec. 15. Here’s a closer look at the poster:
Stay tuned to Heat Vision for a full trailer breakdown Monday night.
Oct. 9, 7:34 p.m.: The new trailer has arrived:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day