- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s an instant classic.
In the weeks since the first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released, fans have been breaking down the Episode VIII teaser and in some cases, having fun with their own versions.
One of the most recent takes was posted on YouTube by ScreenCrush. Edited by The Sleepy Skunk, the preview imagines what The Last Jedi trailer would look like if it had come out around the time of Return of the Jedi in 1983.
The new, old preview is quite well done, complete with screen static as if it were part of a VHS copy of the nearly 90-second teaser. There are a few scenes from Return of the Jedi spliced in there for good measure.
The fan trailers even got the attention of Last Jedi director Rian Johnson, who shared another one posted last week of what an 8-bit video game-like trailer might look like for his upcoming Dec. 15 release.
Check out the 1983 look and the actual trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day