- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For those who watched last year’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi and left with the feeling that, all things considered, porg-rearing was the one career opportunity that the world really needs, good news: Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB has created a brand new virtual reality experience just for you.
Announced at Magic Leap’s L.E.A.P. Conference Wednesday, Star Wars: Project Porg allows users to discover just how good they are at raising the delightfully cute bird-like creatures from Ahch-To, offering the chance to, in the words of Lucasfilm, “feed them treats, play with them and you’ll also teach them how to maneuver real-world environments with care instructions from C-3PO himself.”
The game will be available as a free download for the Magic Leap One headset this December, with Anthony Daniels returning to reprise his role as C-3PO for the project. ILM animation supervisor Paul Kavanagh is responsible for the porgs in the game.
Project Porg is the second virtual reality project to be announced by Lucasfilm and ILMxLAB in the past month, following the reveal of Vader Immortal at the end of September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show