- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dark Side descended during a Star Wars: The Force Awakens midnight showing early Friday morning.
Moviegoers to Hollywood’s ArcLight theaters were in uproar at the end of the film’s screening due to a projector glitch on the pic’s opening night. “Projector at Star Wars midnight 3D show at the Arclight ruined, stopped, then started again towards the end of the movie,” Erik Melendez wrote on Facebook, accompanied by the video he captured of fans in the theater yelling. “The movie was spoiled and everyone in the theater went crazy.”
The video shows fans in the full theater standing up, raising their arms and loudly yelling “No!” at the screen as the film stops and starts and cuts forward to the “spoiled” moments. Stars John Boyega and Daisy Ridley can both be seen on the big screen during the glitch.
“The 3D stopped working, so they turned it off. Five minutes later, they put it towards the end. Spoiled the movie for us,” a filmgoer says in a two-and-a-half minute YouTube video. “Put it back on again, put it back in the wrong spot again,” he says.
Watch the two videos below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day