- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warwick Davis, one of the Star Wars family’s most familiar faces and a fanboy favorite, has joined the cast of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Davis appeared in costume in footage from the film showed at Star Wars Celebration Europe on Friday.
The British actor, who first appeared as Wicket the Ewok in 1983’s Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, returned to a galaxy far, far away for smaller roles in both Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (one of the young Anakin Skywalker’s friends) and last year’s The Force Awakens (a space explorer known as Wollivan lurking in Maz Kanata’s cantina). His character in the first spinoff, being directed by Gareth Edwards, is unknown.
The news of Warwick’s addition to the Rogue One lineup comes just weeks after it was confirmed that Darth Vader himself would be making an appearance in the film, which is set immediately prior to the events in the franchise’s first outing, A New Hope.
But Star Wars isn’t Davis’ only big franchise, thanks to his work in Harry Potter, in which he had a regular seat at Hogwarts’ top table as Professor Filius Flitwick.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day