- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Monday was a big day for Rian Johnson.
The director of The Last Jedi had a new, highly anticipated trailer drop for his film that night, but he also had to spend time during the day refuting some stories that claimed he told fans to ignore the preview.
However, it was his response to one tweet in particular that stole the show.
After the second trailer for The Last Jedi dropped during Monday Night Football (Disney owns ESPN), Vanity Fair posted a tweet that read, “Good luck getting Kathleen Kennedy & @RianJohnson to explain what #TheLastJedi means. We tried—here’s what they said.”
Johnson, masterfully replied to that tweet with: “It’s Luke.”
Fans got a kick out of that; his reply currently has nearly 5,000 likes.
As for the trailer, It currently has more than 8 million views on YouTube alone, and reaction from fans and journalists has been extremely positive.
The Last Jedi stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Lupita Nyong’o.
The film comes out Dec. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day