- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch, the duo behind the horror movie Starry Eyes, have signed on to rewrite and direct Exorcism Diaries for Lionsgate label Summit Entertainment.
Based on true story that inspired the 1970s horror classic The Exorcist, Diaries tells of a young woman, fresh out of rehab and looking to make amends, who discovers her family’s horrifying connection to the most famous exorcism of all time may be the cause behind her brother’s increasingly violent behavior.
Mike Flanagan and Jeff Howard (Oculus) wrote the initial draft.
Producing are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, and Sonny Mallhi. John Middleton and Adam Stone are exec producing
Widmyer and Kolsch’s Starry Eyes told of an actress who desperately wants to make it in Hollywood and ends up paying a deadly price for it. The movie was a hit on the festival circuit and generated strong notices for the filmmakers.
They most recently directed a segment for XYZ Films’ horror anthology Holidays.
The duo is repped by WME and Aperture.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day