- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Stephanie Denton, former president of film sales for Lionsgate Films International, has been tapped by Toronto 3D animation studio Arc Productions to head up its Los Angeles office.
Denton, who also earlier served as president of distribution at Initial Entertainment, becomes senior vp of sales and business development for the former Starz Animation Toronto studio.
Denton’s role will be enticing more Hollywood studios to bring their projects to the Canadian cartoon factory to exploit up-front cost savings from local film and digital tax credits.
The Canadian group that acquired a majority stake in Starz Animation Toronto from U.S. media giant Starz Media is also expanding the studio’s development slate to include indie productions, more intellectual property and international co-productions.
Starz remains a minority shareholder in the Toronto cartoon maker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day