- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Stephen Lang will reprise his villain role in James Cameron‘s Avatar sequels, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Lang played Colonel Quaritch in the 2009 billion-dollar-grossing movie about humans despoiling the paradise planet of Pandora. The character seemed to meet his end in the film but Cameron has a plan to bring him back for all the sequels.
STORY: ‘Avatar’ Sequels to Begin Production in October 2014, Says Sam Worthington
In the summer, Fox announced that Cameron was bringing in a slew of writers to help pen the scripts for the sequels, which will be filmed simultaneously.
Josh Friedman (who wrote TV’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Rise of the Planet of the Apes duo Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno (Shaft, Savages) are collaborating with Cameron on the screenplays for the three films.
The first sequel will hit theaters in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017 and the third a year later.?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities
Hollywood Critics Association President Resigns, Citing “Hostile, Biased” Work Environment (Exclusive)