- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Claire Foy and Lakeith Stanfield are already on board to star and Fede Alvarez is directing the project, which Sony hopes will relaunch the film franchise, whose last installment was released in 2011.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web is currently shooting in Berlin and Stockholm, and Sony is planning a Nov. 9 release. The film is adapted from the David Lagercrantz-penned fourth book in the Millennium series.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web is also the first in the best-selling series to be produced into an English-language film in its initial adaptation. The previous installments in the series originated as Swedish-language films. Columbia executive vp David Beaubaire is overseeing the movie for Sony.
Amy Pascal and Elizabeth Cantillon are producing with Scott Rudin and Yellow Bird. Merchant, featured in last year’s Logan, is repped by WME.
Feb. 7, 5:30 a.m. Updated with confirmation Synnove Macody Lund has joined the Sony film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day