- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Carell is in talks to be the first to board Warner Bros.’ Minecraft movie.
The feature project is based on the video game, reportedly the second best-selling game of all time.
The studio and director Rob McElhenney are putting together an ensemble cast to translate the game, which is set in a cube-rich environment where players have avatars to build and destroy their worlds.
Roy Lee is producing.
Carell next stars as Bobby Riggs opposite Emma Stone as Billie Jean King in the true-life tennis tale Battle of the Sexes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Original Power Rangers Reunite in ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always’ Trailer to Defeat Rita Repulsa
‘Star Wars’: Steven Knight Steps In to Write New Movie Following Damon Lindelof Departure
12-Year-Old ‘Cocaine Bear’ Star Unveils New Comic Book She Created and Co-Authored (Exclusive)
Norman Steinberg, Screenwriter on ‘Blazing Saddles,’ ‘My Favorite Year’ and ‘Johnny Dangerously,’ Dies at 83
Gordon T. Dawson, Peckinpah Protégé and ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Writer and Producer, Dies at 84