- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Zahn has been cast as a new ape in Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes.
Matt Reeves, who directed 2014’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, has returned as helmer for the threequel, set to hit theaters on July 14, 2017. Mark Bomback is back as screenwriter, with Chernin Entertainment producing.
Zahn’s performance will be realized using motion capture technology, which brought to life Andy Serkis‘ Caesar in the two earlier installments of the franchise.
The Hollywood Reporter previously reported that Woody Harrelson has also been cast in the new Apes installment.
Zahn is known for his roles in That Thing You Do, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and The Dallas Buyers Club.
He can next be seen acting alongside Danny Trejo and Adam Sandler in The Ridiculous 6, which is currently in post-production. He can also be heard in Pixar’s upcoming The Good Dinosaur, lending his voice to the prehistoric project.
The actor is repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Frank Stewart.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day