- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Well, that didn’t take long.
The prolific filmmaker is reteaming with his U.N.C.L.E. writer Scott Z. Burns for The Bitter Pill, a new project that is being pitched to studios now and is fielding multiple bids.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing with Soberbergh’s longtime producing partner Gregory Jacobs and Burns. Soderbergh, Jacobs and Burns are the director-producer-writer, respectively, behind the recent Warner Bros. films Contagion and The Informant!
Little is known about Bitter Pill, although it is described as a thriller set in the world of psychopharmacology.
Soderbergh, who has the spy action movie Haywire coming out in January and the male-stripper dramedy Magic Mike set for June, was due to direct U.N.C.L.E. next year but left the project over differences in budget and casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day