- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The director’s next project is set to be released March 23. He will self-distribute the thriller through his Fingerprint Releasing via Bleecker Street — the same strategy he used for his ensemble crime pic Logan Lucky earlier this year.
Unsane is slated to open opposite the wide releases of Paramount’s animated sequel Sherlock Gnomes, the Johnny Knoxville comedy Action Point and the Legendary/Universal sequel Pacific Rim Uprising, while Fox Searchlight’s Wes Anderson film Isle of Dogs is set to debut in a limited release.
Unsane, which stars Claire Foy, Joshua Leonard, Jay Pharaoh, Juno Temple, Aimee Mullins and Amy Irving, centers on a young woman who is involuntarily committed to a mental institution. She is then confronted by her greatest fear — but is it real or a product of her delusion?
Soderbergh directed from a script by Jonathan Bernstein and James Greer, and reportedly shot the feature on an iPhone.
Logan Lucky, on which Soderbergh previously teamed with Bleecker Street to distribute — was released in August and grossed nearly $45 million worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day