- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclusive Media has optioned all rights to Stewart O’Nan’s latest novel, The Odds: A Love Story. The company plans to develop and produce a feature with John Lesher and Christina Liao of Le Grisbi Productions and Julie Yorn of LBI Entertainment.
O’Nan’s novel, published by Viking in January, follows a struggling couple on the verge of bankruptcy and divorce who go on a last desperate gambling trip to Niagara Falls, the site of their honeymoon. Exclusive’s Matt Jackson will shepherd the project.
“Stewart O’Nan has a unique literary voice and his novels are a perfect balance between humor and reflections on social interactions that seem so relevant today,” said Jackson.
Sylvie Rabineau of the Rabineau, Wachter, Sanford, and Harris Agency brokered the deal. O’Nan’s early novel Snow Angels was adapted into a feature by writer-director David Gordon Green in 2008.
Lesher and Exclusive Media recently partnered on End of Watch, which Open Road Films will release in September. Yorn recently produced We Bought a Zoo, Red Riding Hood and Unstoppable.
Exclusive most recently produced The Woman in Black and The Ides of March. Next for the company are Rush, Snitch and So Undercover.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day