- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stiv Bators is in fine form on the latest poster for CBGB, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter. The poster shows Justin Bartha as the late punk vocalist, whom he portrays in the film.
CBGB looks at New York’s punk rock scene through the iconic club, which served as a launching point for Bators’ band the Dead Boys, as well as artists such as Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones. The club closed in 2008, and was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who launched it in the 1970s.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. The film’s producers say it contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day